Association of Dental Groups and IHPN enter into new partnershipNews
Posted by: probe-admin 21st December 2018
The Association of Dental Groups (ADG) and the Independent Healthcare Providers Network (IHPN) have agreed a new ‘memorandum of understanding’ to strengthen ties between the two organisations, which will see IHPN ‘host’ the ADG’s policy and business management functions from 1 April 2019.
While the two organisations will retain separate identities, including separate Boards, they will work more closely together in developing policy positions to ensure that NHS and privately-funded dentistry services are fully included in wider independent sector activity. This move follows recent changes at the IHPN which extended its remit earlier this year to represent the entirety of the independent health sector, covering both NHS and privately funded healthcare across acute, specialist, community, primary, clinical home healthcare, population health management and digital services.
The two organisations are currently recruiting for the position of a Policy and Business Manager, which will be part of the current IHPN team, and will be responsible for ensuring the effective running of ADG business within the wider IHPN. The post-holder will report to the Chair and Board of the ADG on overall progress and delivery of ADG objectives and to the Chief Executive of the IHPN in respective of day-to-day performance, delivery and management issues including integrated working with the IHPN team and rest of the NHS Confederation.
David Hare, Chief Executive of the Independent Healthcare Providers Network said:
“We are delighted to announce our new partnership with the ADG at what is an incredibly exciting time for dentistry, particularly as part of the Secretary of State’s prevention agenda.
“In welcoming the ADG into the IHPN family, we look forward to supporting them in their fantastic work in representing independent dental providers who play a pivotal role in delivering high quality dental care across the UK.
David Worskett, Chair of the Association of Dental Groups, said:
“The ADG is very pleased to have agreed these new arrangements with the IHPN and NHS Confederation. From a patient perspective it is high time that dentistry is properly reconnected with the rest of healthcare and these arrangements are a valuable step in the right direction.”
• The Independent Healthcare Providers Network (formerly the NHS Partners Network) is the representative body for independent sector healthcare providers. Our members deliver a diverse range of services to NHS and private patients including acute care, primary care, community care, clinical home healthcare, diagnostics and dentistry.
• Please contact Megan Cleaver for all media enquiries, and for out-of-hours enquiries please call the Duty Press Officer on 07880 500 726.
• Follow IHPN on Twitter @IndHealthPN or IHPN’s CEO David Hare on Twitter @dhareuk
• For more information about the ADG visit www.dentalgroups.co.uk
• More information on the role of Policy and Business Manager at the ADG can be found here https://www.nhsconfed.org/about-us/vacancies/policy-and-business-manager—dentistry
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.