Why Colour is the Elephant in the Room – Webinar to explore experiences from the dental professionNews
Posted by: The Probe 20th July 2020
On Tuesday 21st July at 7pm, FGDP(UK), in collaboration with ProDental CPD and the College of General, is hosting a webinar titled Why Colour is the Elephant in the Room, which will take a look at real life experiences of and what we can do about racism in dentistry.
Looking at the response of the dental profession to the Black Lives Matter movement, the webinar aims to provide an honest exploration of racial inequality and prejudice with real life experiences from colleagues working in all areas of dentistry.
Chaired by FGDP(UK) dean Ian Mills, the panel will comprise:
- Onkar Dhanoya, FGDP(UK), Vice Dean, FGDP(UK)
- Jason Wong, Deputy Chief Dental Officer for England
- Nishma Sharma, Clinical Leadership Manager, Office of the Chief Dental Officer for England
- Yewande Oduwole, FGDP(UK) Dental Student of the Year
- Olumide Ojo, General Dental Practitioner
- Martin Wanendeya MFGDP(UK), General Dental Practitioner
- Daljit Dhariwal FRCS FDS RCS Eng, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- Timi Adesanya FFGDP(UK), Chair, African & Caribbean Dental Association UK
CPD will be available. GDC outcomes: A,B,C,D
To register for the event, follow this link.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.